Re: URI<=>IRI conversion examples

Hello Bjoern,

Are you suggesting that these examples, or similar ones,
are added to the draft? Or just checking your understanding
of the draft? As it's not clear whether you are actually asking
for some changes, I'm not (yet) opening an issue.

(see more comments below)

At 05:23 03/04/29 +0200, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

>Hi,
>
>   Some examples:
>
>[1] http://www.example.org/~bjo&#x308;rn (IRI in XML)
>[2] http://www.example.org/~bjo%CC%88rn  (URI in UTF-8 text/plain)
>[3] http://www.example.org/~bjo%CC%88rn  (IRI in UTF-8 text/plain)
>[4] http://www.example.org/~bjo-rn       (IRI in a finctional legacy
>                                           encoding where "-" maps to
>                                           U+0308)

I think I know what you mean with example 4, but may be extremely
misleading. A hyphen is always a hyphen, and should not map to "-".
If you want to say that the relevant octet maps to U+0308, that's
okay, but it may be better to write the original as
http://www.example.org/~bjo<2D>rn to show that this is about the
octet <2D>, rather than the character '-'.
Another problem with that example is that '-' is a valid character
in URIs, and using that for something else creates additional
problems.

Regards,    Martin.