Re: First Meeting: 15 December 20:00 UTC

> Il 09/12/2021 13:23 Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> ha scritto:
>
> Other possibilities:
> - Signal: Also proprietary
> - Telegram: Also proprietary
> - Slack: Also proprietary
> - Facebook Messenger: Even I have limits.
> - WebRTC: still riddled with interoperability and usability issues, especially with many people and high latency. Also requires a site to host it, which is either proprietary or a maintenance burden.

The entire FOSDEM conference (the European free software developers meeting) ran flawlessly on Matrix + Jitsi. The IETF uses Meetecho + Jabber. I am not rigid on these things and I have no principle problem with using Zoom or Webex or whatever closed platform, but I do agree that organizations and groups promoting the open Internet are more credible if they actually use open technologies.

--
Vittorio Bertola | Head of Policy & Innovation, Open-Xchange
vittorio.bertola@open-xchange.com