Re: Going Beyond Only Two Parties (Sender and Receiver): Enabling Multilateral Netting through implementing Liquidity-Saving Mechanisms (LSM) on Interledger

That's correct. Interledger packets go between a single sender and receiver
but transactions can be done on credit and then netted and settled later.

If multiple connectors wanted to net out the obligations among themselves
automatically they could either track their balances separately and use a
service to find an optional way to settle, or they could use another
connector between them that would automatically track each of their
obligations and net them out. For the second option, nothing additional
would need to be built, but that connector would need to be capable of
processing all of the packets between the connectors (which may mean the
first option is a better approach).