Re: Researching to leverage Hashed-Timelock Agreements (HTLAs) paradigm for establishing atomicity between different DLT networks for asset swaps with full decentralization

Hi Nathan,

This isn't a case we've specifically been designing around but streaming payments may help address it. If each of those payments is being streamed in some smaller increment, it would help avoid the gridlock issue. If one of the accounts runs out while the stream is in process, the sender could just keep retrying and the money would keep flowing as soon as the incoming balance had been credited to the account.
Settlement times and mechanisms are determined on a bilateral basis, so pairs of connectors could choose to forward any amount they want on credit.
Hope that helps,
Evan