Re: SPSP protocol for multi currencies ledgers

As someone who has been a dilettante on this subject for ~25 years, I
believe that the right thing to do is as follows:

Ledgers contain accounts. Accounts can represent anything denominated in
the currency of the ledger. a "ledger supporting multicurrencies account"
must be interpreted as multiple ledgers administratively linking one
account in each to the same identity.

The alternative destroys fungibility within the "ledger" abstraction, and
would require breaking into per-currency "subledgers" anyway, so just don't.

David Nicol

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 4:35 AM, Andrew Bransford Brown <andrewbb@gmail.com>
wrote:

> As someone who has done the difficult thinking on this subject for ~15
> years,
>

> On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 4:15 AM, Evan Schwartz <evan@ripple.com> wrote:
>
>> Great question. We are definitely interested in supporting cases where
>> the receiver has multiple accounts on different ledgers. The main question
>> is what layer to address this at.
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 6:09 PM Didier Martin <didierphmartin@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> As it becomes more and more current that ledgers (from some banks)
>>> support multicurrencies accounts,
>>>
>> --
"Have you taken yourself seriously today?" -- the gravity clown