Re: Interledger Routing Working Group Call - Wed, July 5 - 3pm UTC

Hi all,

As discussed in today's routing working group call, let's set up a testnet,
so we can see the current implementation in action! :)

The easiest way to set up an Interledger connector is to deploy ilp-kit to
Azure. I created a 'testnet' branch, here:
https://github.com/interledgerjs/ilp-kit-docker-compose/tree/testnet/azure

If you would like to use a different hosting platform, then I would
recommend using the docker-compose install instructions:
https://github.com/interledgerjs/ilp-kit-docker-compose (make sure to
switch from the master branch to the testnet branch)

If you would like to avoid Docker then you can also use the generic install
instructions (aka 'the hard way'): https://github.com/interledgerjs/ilp-kit
 In this case, to join the testnet, edit your env.list file and change all
occurrences of your ledger prefix (it will look something like
'us.usd.john.') to start with the string 'test.', so for instance
'test.john.'.

Once you have your node running, please come to
https://gitter.im/interledger/Lobby and ping people (my nick is
'michielbdejong') to set up peering! :) You can check
http://connector.land/?test=yourdomain.com#/ledgers to see who is on the
testnet so far (your node will appear if you add it through the '?test='
parameter in that URL, and peer with connector.land for >= 1 USD). So far,
I'm running two servers on the testnet, gar.michielbdejong.com. and
zup.michielbdejong.com.

Cheers,
Michiel.