Re: Are next claims true about ILP?

> As I see it, the RFC describing the protocol must be free (actually is
encouraged)
 to choose any detail implementation that helps in designing proper working
 implementations (even if such details are not mandated but just suggested).

This is fine but we must get away from the assumption that our
implementations are the only way that a ledger layer protocol can work. In
my opinion this has impacted the design of the protocol stack negatively.
As I think this thread proves, there is still a belief that all transfers
in an end-to-end ILP payment MUST be secured using the same condition and
that is not true.

If we continue to design things on the back of false assumptions then I
expect we will have big problems down the line.