Re: Will ILP go live on October 1?

I'm not claiming to be an expert on Liquid, but from the public
announcements my understanding is that it is a proprietary private
blockchain solution (but based on the open-source Elements toolkit) created
by Blockstream to allow Bitcoin exchanges to move bitcoins more efficiently
between each other. Liquid works by placing bitcoins on the main Bitcoin
blockchain into a multisig escrow account controlled by some set of keys
(presumably those of the Liquid participants.)