Re: Regulatory Considerations running an ILP node (Re: [Ledger] Bootstrapping Interledger)

>  That is the fundamental weakness of an open system like Interledger. The
regulators will never allow a regulated node to connect to the unregulated
nodes.

Does ILP need a low barrier to connector participation to succeed?

Desktop devs like myself need a way to handle payments without tying into
specific providers (paypal, stripe).
I'm hoping there's enough end-user demand that the incentives for a
connector exceed the regulatory costs.