Re: Binary Encoding for Crypto-conditions

I'm surprised how much I like ASN.1 OER.

Our basic goals should be

- Implementers should be able to use existing parser implementations as
much as possible
- The protocol designer to should minimize the risk to implementers in
non-memory safe languages of out of bounds buffer accesses and overflows. I
believe this one of the design goals with protocol buffers. Looks like it
was also a goal of ASN.1 OER

Things we probably couldn't consider goals

- Constant time parsing and evaluation

I think ASN.1 OER is the closest to the design goals of what we've
considered since proper ProtoBufs were never on the table.

Text Secure
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.thoughtcrime.securesms&hl=en>:
+1650-862-5992
Public Key