Re: Thoughts on Discovery

From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 16:32:10 +0200
To: Adrian Hope-Bailie <adrian@hopebailie.com>
Cc: Xavier Vas <xavier@tr80.com>, Interledger Community Group <public-interledger@w3.org>
On 29 March 2016 at 15:48, Adrian Hope-Bailie <adrian@hopebailie.com> wrote:

> This is a higher level function.
> I.e. I give you some identifier for my account like
> adrian@mywalletprovider.com and you have a well-defined protocol to
> resolve the address of my ledger from that.

Have a look what happens when I hover over the link you pasted (image
attached)

firefox automatically translates it into mailto:

this denotes an email address using a URI

so how do you send money to an email address, this becomes a trivial
problem with a super ledger, you just send it to the URI

> Following which you will do path finding to my ledger.
>
> If ILP is TCP/IP then we're trying to figure out a good way to do DNS :)
>
> On 29 March 2016 at 15:26, Xavier Vas <xavier@tr80.com> wrote:
>
>> Adrian,
>>
>> Sorry, I'm confused, how's this discussion separate from our discussions
>> on path finding and routing? How exactly do you define "discovery" vs.
>> "path finding"?
>>
>> Xav

mailto.png
(image/png attachment: mailto.png)