Re: A B2B application layer protocol for Interledger?

Lichen is being structured as a full reference implementation of UBL. Most
UBL implememtations cherry-pick according to context. Cherry-picking can be
done in a UBL standard conformant way. With Lichen Xalgorithms, we don't
assume a context any more specific than "commerce".

UBL is derived from ebXML / EDI, but is much reduced in complexity. But it
accommodates a great divesity of use cases and specialize requirements. And
it has some fields that accommodate semantic flexibility, with the result
that to some degree extensions can be in the sematics rather than in the
data structure per se.

Joseph Potvin
Operations Manager | Gestionnaire des opérations
The Opman Company | La compagnie Opman
jpotvin@opman.ca
Mobile: 819-593-5983
LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/pub/joseph-potvin/2/148/423>