Re: Interledger RFCs, ILP Packet, and Ledger Plugin Interface

On 1 June 2016 at 02:46, Evan Schwartz <evan@ripple.com> wrote:

> Correct, Jehan.
>
> If you have a "ledger" with multiple currencies, it must implicitly
> support converting one to the other to fulfill the transfer requirement. In
> ILP, connectors are the ones that convert currencies. Thus, it is simpler
> to model "ledgers" such as WebCredits, the Ripple Consensus Ledger, or many
> bank systems as multiple single-currency ledgers connected by connectors
> that handle the exchange.
>
> (I've gone back and forth a bunch of times with Stefan about this point so
> I can empathize with the question but in the end he convinced me that this
> is the right way to go)

I see what you're saying.  And I can see both side.

Consider a primitive ledger:
Alice has 3 sheep, 2 pigs and 4 chickens
Bob has 2 sheep, 10 coins and 2 knives

This could be a ledger just keeping record of stuff.

I wonder if we could have Ledger as a parent term, with single currency
ledger, and multi currency ledger as child terms?