Re: holding of funds

To be clear, if a legacy ledger operator wants to ILP-enable their system
they *should* implement the 3rd option Adrian laid out.

The ledger would run a Ledger Adaptor (something we're talking about but
haven't actively started working on an implementation of) that would expose
a transfer API including the crypto condition based hold functionality.
Internally, that adaptor would manage a hold account on the underlying
ledger and would initiate and fulfill holds as transfers in and out of that
hold account.

This would not represent any additional risk to the participants who have
accounts with that ledger.

The other options should only be considered if the legacy ledger operator
does not want to or is unable to implement the hold functionality.

--
Evan Schwartz | Software Architect | Ripple
[image: ripple.com] <http://ripple.com>