Tools (was Re: Interledger Reference Code Released)

From: Adrian Hope-Bailie <adrian@hopebailie.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 15:53:43 +0200
To: Steven Roose <stevenroose@gmail.com>
Cc: Rafael Pereira <rafael@rippex.net>, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>, Stefan Thomas <stefan@ripple.com>, Evan Schwartz <evan@ripple.com>, Interledger Community Group <public-interledger@w3.org>
The consensus on the last call was that IRC was not meeting our needs.
Happy for us to not use Slack but we should then identify our requirements
and make a choice based on those.

Off the top of my head it seems like these are key reqs:

   - Good client software/tools
   - Integration with GitHub

Any others?
Any reasons from those on the call why they'd like to use Slack?

On 28 January 2016 at 15:48, Steven Roose <stevenroose@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not a really big fan of Slack. I'd rather promote the IRC channel over
> at W3C.
>
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 12:36 PM, Adrian Hope-Bailie <
> adrian@hopebailie.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the input Rafael and Xavier.
>>
>> I have already created the team interledger.slack.com so I thought we
>> should kick the tyres for a bit since this is the system that was suggested
>> on our last call.
>>
>> This sounds like something we should discuss next week
>>
>> On 28 January 2016 at 13:32, Rafael Pereira <rafael@rippex.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Adrian, I would be careful with slack, unless you will use the paid
>>> version (8+ USD/user) there is a limitation on accessing the group's
>>> message history (10,000 messages). Even if this project is eligible for
>>> a special condition
>>> <https://get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/204368833-Slack-for-Nonprofits>,
>>> I wouldn't go this way. If I would use a IM app, I would choose Fleep
>>> <https://fleep.io/pricing> over Slack because it has no limitations on
>>> history access and search, has integrations
>>> <https://fleep.io/blog/integrations/>, and is compatible
>>> <https://fleep.io/features> with email. I'm much more comfortable with
>>> that as my IM in general.
>>> The other possible option is a forum (hosted, or a google forum), IMO,
>>> the best way to keep discussions organized.

>>> Obrigado,
>>> Rafael
>>>
>>> *Rafael Olaio - CEO*
>>> tel +55 11 2337.2225
>>> cel +55 11 99522.7572
>>> rippex.net
>>>
>>> Esta mensagem pode conter informação confidencial e/ou privilegiada. Se
>>> você não for o destinatário ou a pessoa autorizada a receber esta mensagem,
>>> não poderá usar, copiar ou divulgar as informações nela contidas ou tomar
>>> qualquer ação baseada nessas informações. Se você recebeu esta mensagem por
>>> engano, por favor avise imediatamente o remetente, respondendo o e-mail
>>> e em seguida apague-o.This message may contain confidential and/or
>>> privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to
>>> receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose or take
>>> any action based on this message or any information here in. If you have
>>> received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by
>>> reply e-mail and delete this message.

Screen_Shot_2015-11-03_at_1.37.44_AM.png
(image/png attachment: Screen_Shot_2015-11-03_at_1.37.44_AM.png)