Re: ILP and signatures

If you want escrow, the funds' release has to be triggered somehow.
Cryptography (hashes or signatures both work) is very convenient for this,
but you can in principle use any trusted signal, like a wire with physical
security.

As far as making ILP a standard I think we'd want to use common
cryptographic primitives.