Re: How do bank payments actually work?

From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 12:48:03 +0100
To: Interledger Community Group <public-interledger@w3.org>, Web Payments <public-webpayments@w3.org>
On 21 January 2016 at 00:03, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Interesting post on the inter ledger element of banking.
>
> https://getmondo.co.uk/blog/2016/01/20/how-do-bank-payments-work/
>
> Im thinking of simulating this on a testnet for people to play around

Thanks for the responses to this.  Im just finishing coding the first
version of my testnet, and will get back shortly.

I'll note today the IMF also released their report on virtual currencies

http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/sdn/2016/sdn1603.pdf

Page 26 has a nice comparison of bank ledgers vs distributed ledgers.