Re: Last Call for Comments on Crypto-Conditions

Schnorr signatures have been surprisingly difficult to use in crypto
currency contexts.

My sense is that Blockstream and Cosci and perhaps others are working to
deal with the issues from
https://github.com/bitcoin-core/secp256k1/pull/425 while
also having an aggregate multisignature method.

So basically we need a standard, a proposal is expected sometime in 2017.

There are slight differences the ECDSA format between Bitcoin/Ripple and
Ethereum. Bitcoin is DER encoded r,s. Ethereum is a custom encoding of
v,r,s. I ran into this yesterday. I've been meaning to look at the state of
conversion software between the formats.