Re: Last Call for Comments on Crypto-Conditions

From: Adrian Hope-Bailie <adrian@hopebailie.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2016 23:35:04 +0200
To: Dimitri De Jonghe <dimi@bigchaindb.com>
Hi all,

Thnaks for your comments. I'm on and off planes for the next two days and
will be working on the spec and incorporating this and other feedback. My
goal is a comprehensive changelist and another draft by early next week.

Evan pointed out that the current draft excludes some major changes that
are still in a PR and have not yet been merged so please look at that too:
https://github.com/interledger/rfcs/pull/124

p.s. It may make sense to hold of any reviews until Monday when I have
pushed the latest changes.

On 9 December 2016 at 10:52, Dimitri De Jonghe <dimi@bigchaindb.com> wrote:

> Hi Adrian,
>
> first of all: amazing job getting this out. (together with 3
> implementations and so on...)
>
> Not sure if the validation interface should be part of the spec, mention
> it or is only part of the implementation.
>
> eg. validateFulfillment(fulfillment, condition), validateFulfillment(signatureFulfillment,
> condition, message)

>> These need to be expanded a bit, or at least change "draft" to "version"
>>

>> ‚Äč
>> The Security Considerations could easily punt to a good reference
>> comparing and contrasting the various crypto-techniques, such as pointing
>> people to section 8 of https://tools.ietf.org/id/d
>> raft-sury-dnskey-ed25519-01.html before stating "this section will be
>> expanded in a later version."
>>

>> On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 3:11 PM, Adrian Hope-Bailie <adrian@hopebailie.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > If anyone has breaking functional changes they wish to suggest please
>> make
>> > these on this list or via the Github issue list before 16 December
>> otherwise
>> > they will only be considered for the next major version of the
>> > specification.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Adrian
>> >
>> > [1]
>> > https://github.com/interledger/rfcs/blob/master/0002-crypto-
>> conditions/0002-crypto-conditions.md
>>

>> --
>> "Teaching radical novelties is our main safeguard against dictatorships"
>> -- Edsger W. Dijkstra
>>

> --
>

> Dimitri De Jonghe, PhD
> Developer
>
> +32 496 809 414 | Twitter <https://twitter.com/DimitriDeJonghe> | LinkedIn
> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/dimitridejonghe> | GitHub
> <https://github.com/diminator> | S <https://facebook.com/>kype:
> dimi.dejonghe
> [image: Logo] <https://www.bigchaindb.com/>
>
> BigchainDB GmbH
> Wichertstr. 14a, 10439 Berlin | Managing Director: Bruce Pon | Registered
> in Berlin HRB 160856B |info@bigchaindb.com | www.bigchaindb.com

Screen_shot_2016-12-08_at_11.22.03_PM.png
(image/png attachment: Screen_shot_2016-12-08_at_11.22.03_PM.png)