Re: Atomic cross-chain trading

As Evan mentioned, what the Bitcoin wiki lays out here is one way to do
Interledger transfers on Bitcoin. Interledger does not make any
prescriptions as to how escrow is implemented on each ledger. Some ledgers,
like Bitcoin, may support escrow natively, others may require a third-party
escrow service.

The way we would look at it is that ledgers compete over having better
Interledger integration, so a way to do escrow without a third party would
be competitive advantage for that ledger.

For more information on what features ledgers would ideally have, please
see:
https://github.com/interledger/specs/blob/gh-pages/0001-interledger-architecture.md#ledger-layer-1
(This link may break as we reorganize the specs repo. Apologies in advance.)