Re: Atomic cross-chain trading

If I'm not mistaken, the ledger-provided escrow used in Interledger is
functionally equivalent to the method described for atomic cross-chain
trading. I believe the only difference is whether you represent the
transfer and its refund in one transfer or two.

In atomic cross-chain trading, you have two transfers per ledger or
blockchain: one transfer that sends the assets "forward" and the other that
is a refund, only valid some time later. In the interledger model, we
describe transfers being escrowed until either the condition (which may be
the same type of hashlock condition) is fulfilled, in which case the funds
are transferred "forward", or a timeout is reached, in which case the funds
are returned automatically.

It's important to note that the escrow in Interledger is not a separate
service but functionality built into the ledger itself.

--
Evan Schwartz | Software Architect | Ripple
[image: ripple.com] <http://ripple.com>