Re: Escrow Risk (was Interledger and Privacy)

I think having rating agencies for ledgers might actually make connectors
too reliant on those ratings, as opposed to their own due diligence. How
would a connector price the risk incurred by dealing with Bank of America
or Bitcoin? Similar to how they price different assets they decide to
trade: historical data, knowledge and understanding of the systems/markets
they're dealing in, reputation, self-funded insurance, hedging, etc

Agreed with Ryan that this shouldn't be part of the core protocol either way

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 10:28 AM, Arie Y LEVY COHEN <arielevycohen@gmail.com

--
Evan Schwartz | Software Architect | Ripple Labs
[image: ripple.com] <http://ripple.com>