Re: Interledger Reference Code Released

From: Stefan Thomas <stefan@ripple.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 11:16:14 +0900
To: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Cc: Evan Schwartz <evan@ripple.com>, public-interledger@w3.org

https://github.com/interledger/five-bells-shared/tree/master/schemas

> Is there a difference between users and accounts?

Right now, no. But this is on our radar as a possible future feature.

> What values are permitted as valid users/accounts -- are they all
strings, or can it be a URI?

Accounts are a resource owned by the ledger, so they are given as a URL in
all public facing JSON. Internally, the ledger uses a string as a username.
On Nov 3, 2015 4:53 AM, "Melvin Carvalho" <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2 November 2015 at 17:47, Evan Schwartz <evan@ripple.com> wrote:
>
>> We've released our reference implementation of the Interledger Protocol.
>> Try out the demo at https://github.com/interledger/five-bells-demo
>>
>> ×
>>
>> ​
>>
>> This is a basic implementation of the Universal mode of the protocol. The
>> demo runs a number of independent ledgers and connectors and allows you to
>> select any two ledgers and send an interledger payment between them. This
>> is meant to illustrate how easy it could (and arguably should) be to send
>> money between payment networks.
>>
>> More documentation, draft specs, and other use case demos to come but
>> we're looking forward to hearing your feedback on this in the meantime!
>>

> Thanks for sharing.  I've looked through the code and it looks pretty
> impressive, tho I've not yet tried to run it.
>
> A question about the data model.
>
> 1. Is it documented anywhere?
> 2. Is there a difference between users and accounts?
> 3. What values are permitted as valid users/accounts -- are they all
> strings, or can it be a URI?
>
> Thanks!
>

>> --
>> Evan Schwartz | Software Architect | Ripple
>> [image: ripple.com] <http://ripple.com>

Screen_Shot_2015-11-03_at_1.37.44_AM.png
(image/png attachment: Screen_Shot_2015-11-03_at_1.37.44_AM.png)