RE: [User Context] alternate taxonomy keys (GPII, Schema.org, etc.) could be implemented as custom media features

Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:

> It is very hard to convince customers to want to install
> browser extension.
>
> Like browser support for ActiveX plugins or Java applets
> it is a support issue for IT providers.
>
> For example, a bank dislikes having to manage the communication
> with customers on how to install plug-ins, etc. They have dealt
> with it but banks find it frustrating to have to support Acrobat
> readers in browsers. Imagine aging people having to install a
> browser extension and having to deal with the support issue.
>
> It would be best to not have to require a browser extension.

While I cannot speak directly to the banking industry, my experience in
large enterprise situations confirms this: IT support folks when I worked at
Stanford University had a similar issue (both faculty and staff), and the
training (scripts, the complexity of OS+version and user-agents+version) is
a serious resource drain and rarely welcomed.

Business critical/mission critical requirements such as "make
user-modifications to meet ADA compliance issues" falls into that bucket...

JF