Re: Need Agreement on Terminology

On 11/04/2014 02:03 AM, Ben Peters wrote:
> We need to decide what will be the terminology for “Intentions”. So far, I have been calling mouse, keyboard, etc input “Actions”
mouse/keyboard/touch events are input events.
Definitely not device events (especially since keyboard events for example can be come from a virtual keyboard).

and their events
> “Action Events”. What a user is trying to do with them is an “Intention” and their events are “Intention Events”. There has been considerable pushback
> though due to “Web Intents” that share the same name and haven’t moved forward recently. So what are your thoughts? We can potentially change “Action
> Events” to “Device Events”, and change “Intention Events” to either “Command Events” or “Action Events”. We need to decide though because it’s getting
> confusingJ

Intentional Events (and some variants of it) have been used for quite some time now. Why would we need to change.
"Intentional Events" doesn't sound too similar to my non-native-English-speaker ears to "Web Intents"

Action is rather odd, since default action is a key part of DOM event, and these kinds of actions would have anything to do with
default actions.

-Olli