Re: Comments: User Interface Independence for accessible Rich Internet Applications

>From a browser implementation perspective, I believe the latter design
(abstract events dispatched after device-specific events go unhandled)
would be better and easier for us (chromium). +rjkroege who is our expert
and can comment in more detail.

Also, we will want some abstract events to be 'un-cancellable', and so the
latter design is essential.  In particular, it's critical to modern
touch-enabled browsers to be able to scroll a page / element on a separate
thread (using GPU acceleration) without blocking on JavaScript.  So if an
abstract scroll event came first, and we had to wait to see if the page did
preventDefault() before we knew if we could scroll, it would make
consistently smooth scrolling impossible.

Rick