Re: Wiki update

Hi Jean-Pierre,

Le 28/10/2014 05:02, Abello, Jean-Pierre a écrit :
> Hello Cyril,
>
> It was great meeting you today.
Thanks. I'm glad to meet people who have interest in the work of this CG.

> It would be awesome if the spec could also define mappings for HLS.
Yes, I do think HLS is another format that we should target. It has some
commonalities with existing formats that we target: DASH for the use of
manifests and adaptative streaming aspects; and MPEG-2 TS as a segment
format. The basics of exposing tracks from TS should be reusable. It
might need some tweaking compared to what we started specifying, for
instance to expose ID3 Tag PES streams. In an informal discussion with
Eric (in copy), I discovered that WebKit already exposes them using some
API, see:
http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/LayoutTests/http/tests/media/track-in-band-hls-metadata.html

> Do you have a recommendation on how to best add this to the draft?
One way would be to file a bug on the current draft, with or without a
Git Pull Request proposing additional/modified spec text.

Best regards,
Cyril

--
Cyril Concolato