RE: MPEG-2 TS Metadata Cue

Did you see the WebIDL validator at http://www.w3.org/2009/07/webidl-check?

Once the IDL is settled on will the JSON definition in https://html5.cablelabs.com/tracks/media-container-mapping.html be removed and an algorithm for populating the MpegTsSection(s) from signaling be added?

Pat...

From: Bob Lund [mailto:B.Lund@CableLabs.com]
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2014 3:54 PM
To: Clift, Graham; public-inbandtracks@w3.org
Cc: Vickers, Mark; Giuseppe Pascale; Glenn Adams
Subject: Re: MPEG-2 TS Metadata Cue

From: <Clift>, Graham <Graham.Clift@am.sony.com<mailto:Graham.Clift@am.sony..com>>
Date: Monday, April 28, 2014 at 4:31 PM
To: Bob Lund <b.lund@cablelabs.com<mailto:b.lund@cablelabs.com>>, "public-inbandtracks@w3.org<mailto:public-inbandtracks@w3.org>" <public-inbandtracks@w3.org<mailto:public-inbandtracks@w3.org>>
Cc: Mark Vickers <mark_vickers@cable.comcast.com<mailto:mark_vickers@cable.comcast.com>>, Giuseppe Pascale <giuseppep@opera.com<mailto:giuseppep@opera..com>>, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com<mailto:glenn@skynav.com>>

Some questions:

1.      What is the difference between the MpegTsDescriptor[] descriptors in PM section:

interface MpegTsPmt : MpegTsSection { //Transport Stream program map section (see Table 2-28)
    ..
    attribute MpegTsDescriptor[] descriptors;

and the same in Description Table Section

interface MpegTsDescriptionSection : MpegTsSection { // Transport Stream Description Table (see Table 2-30-1)

   attribute MpegTsDescriptor[] descriptors;

}

Descriptors that apply to the entire program, e.g. content_advisory_descriptor, can either come in PMT (MpegTsPMT) or in a separate elementary stream carrying the table of format MpegTsDescriptionSection.

2.      Is the difference between MpegTsElementaryStream and MpegTsElementaryStreamData[] a typo?

interface MpegTsPmt : MpegTsSection { //Transport Stream program map section (see Table 2-28)

    ..

    attribute MpegTsElementaryStreamData[] streams;

}

interface MpegTsElementaryStream {

   ..

}

Yes - thanks for catching it.

3.      Since Elementary Stream Data usually means payload I think this term is confusing.

Maybe MpegTsElementaryStreamMetaData.

4.      The tables 2-28 and 2-30-1 don't seem to exist

They do in 13818.1 Second edition 2000-12-01. What are you looking at?

5.      What is purpose of pcrPID?

In 13818-1 it says " The Program Map

Table, in Table 2-28, specifies, among other information, which PIDs, and therefore which elementary streams are

associated to form each program. This table also indicates the PID of the Transport Stream packets which carry the PCR

for each program"

6.      Since these are cues should there be timing information?

They all derive from TextTrackCue.

Regards

Graham