RE: Wiki requirements and implementation alternatives update

________________________________
From: Giuseppe Pascale [giuseppep@opera.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2013 11:29 PM
To: Bob Lund
Cc: public-inbandtracks
Subject: Re: Wiki requirements and implementation alternatives update

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 5:49 AM, Bob Lund <B.Lund@cablelabs.com<mailto:B.Lund@cablelabs.com>> wrote:
Hi,

I've updated the wiki with my ideas for requirements [1] and two implementation approaches [2] described for MPEG-2 media resources. One  approach is the same approach as [3] - exposes in-band track metadata as a separate TextTrack. The other approach, which was suggested by Cyril, makes each tracks metadata available in an attribute of that track.

A bit off-topic, but the text right below the "implementation alternatives" also need some more generalization.

In particular where you say "a kind from the HTML5 kind table if the UA can determine the kind" as I'm not completely sure if there is always an obvious mapping between the various format and the "kind"s available in HTML5.

<Bob> You are right; there isn't always a mapping which is why the metadata is needed in the first place. I thought the sentence said "UA should set kind ..." I'll double check. </Bob>

/g

Regards,
Bob

[1] http://www.w3.org/community/inbandtracks/wiki/Main_Page#Requirements