Re: An early 2022 Face-to-Face

I prefer an actual face-to-face meeting but we'd have to do it later than March.
Maybe we can revisit in a month? It will be more clear how Omicron will play out by then.
________________________________
From: Ada Rose Cannon <ada@ada.is>
Sent: Wednesday, January 5, 2022 11:40 AM
To: public-immersive-web-wg@w3.org <public-immersive-web-wg@w3.org>; public-immersive-web@w3.org <public-immersive-web@w3.org>
Subject: An early 2022 Face-to-Face

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all had a peaceful winter vacation.

It feels like only recently we had TPAC but it's time to start organising the next major Immersive Web Face to Face so we can catch up on what's been done and publish our 3rd charter.
Ideally we would do this in March as it's 6 months before TPAC but that can be flexible.

As far as I can see we have 3 options:

  *   Actual for real face to face in March (with faces) probably bay area to reduce travel for the most of the group
  *   We plan out the meeting but don't actually set the date in stone. So we can have it when things in the US are looking healthier (shortest notice six weeks), this would need a more flexible host
  *   We just do it as a teleconference and therefore don't need to worry about travel or covid, probably 4-5 2 hour calls across a week

What do you all think?

Ada, Chris & Ayºegül