Re: Window on World

How is this different than a CAVE done on a single screen?  It's just
positional tracking of the viewer point, yes, no rotations required?

I've done a lot of this with native coding on single projection screens
and monitors using passive 3D, with depth cameras for head tracking, and
to me this would be a great application of WebVR for things like public
displays and the like.  And it does not have to be a world on the other
side of the window, you can have objects appear closer than the display,
as long as they stay in the view frustum and do not occlude at the edges.

It can be very effective even in mono - motion parallax when properly
done relative to the real-world frame can give a tremendous feeling of
depth without 3D.

So, yeah!

- Lorne

--