Re: Immersive Captions CG Monthly

I'm happy to offer the XR Access Zoom - we have a subscription through
Cornell. (By the way, Zoom now has a special window for interpreters - we
might try using it and seeing if we can keep camera on for everyone, since
I know that can be more engaging for some folks.)

Also, here were my followups:

   - The Owlchemy Captions video
   <https://youtu.be/dyYnc-1A0ac?si=iOTVN5G_JXWWGiAh> from the 2024 XR
   Access Symposium has a lot of great details on size, opacity, etc. that we
   may want to incorporate into the report, though some of it will apply more
   to 6DoF VR than 360.

   - If anyone is interested in the Metaverse Standards Forum Accessibility
   exploratory group
   <https://sites.google.com/xraccess.org/msf-accessibility/home>, we meet
   every other Friday at 9am PT; the next one is the 6th. Our long term goal
   is to create a WCAG-like comprehensive XR accessibility checklist
   (including captions!) and facilitate its adoption and implementation.
   Currently awaiting approval to become a formal MSF working group. Michael
   Cooper, Erin Leary, James Maki and I are co-chairs.

   - I wanted to confirm - this is our latest report, right? "Recommendations
   for accessible captions in 360 degree video | Final Community Group Report
   08 April 2024"
   <https://w3c.github.io/immersive-captions-cg/360-captions/>

   - How far did we get on Social VR captions? I know we discussed it some
   and had started this "Captions in XR Design Guide
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mKOGBMKLSdF9Zg8pLr_KhZyg8m10lTvZ3Vsap55KT2g/edit>"
   with some resources but can't remember if we had anything more formal than
   that. Would be great to resume that work.

I don't think I had the bandwidth at the time to contribute as a formal
editor of the report, but @Janina I would be happy to apply as an "invited
expert" on this or other topics if you can share the link - would love to
contribute to the APA/RQTF's work!

Best,
Dylan

--
Dylan R. Fox
UX Design & Accessibility Consultant, D. R. Fox Design - drfoxdesign.com