Re: [url] Requests for Feedback (was Feedback from TPAC)

* Sam Ruby wrote:
>On 12/22/2014 08:50 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:
>> RFC 3986 has a regexp that's expected to parse valid URIs consistent
>> with the ABNF; see
>> <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc3986.html#rfc.section.B>.
>
>That is indeed a regular expression.  I'll even grant that it seems
>likely to handle valid URIs correctly.  My concern is that it also
>processes a large number of invalid URIs, for example:
>"http://192.168.0.257"

(That is a `URI` as far as RFC 3986's ABNF grammar is concerned and I am
not aware of prose requirements that make this example invalid. A better
example would be e.g. something that contains `%xx` literally; the regex
would likely accept the string while the grammar rejects it.)
D-10243 Berlin · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de
 Available for hire in Berlin (early 2015)  · http://www.websitedev.de/