URI registrations from Google (was Re: web+ and registerProtocolHandler)

On 16/09/2012 16:31, Adam Barth wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 5:53 AM, Alexey Melnikov
> <alexey.melnikov@isode.com> wrote:
>> On 14/09/2012 20:44, Adam Barth wrote:
>>> Yes.  Registering URI schemes is too hard.  If it were easier, we'd
>>> register a bunch of URI schemes that we use in Chrome.
>> Have you or one of your co-workers tried to register and got a rejection
>> from the Expert Reviewer? Have you tried a Permanent or a Provisional
>> registration?
> I'm not sure, but I'll give it a try this week.
As a side note: Dave Thales already submitted a provisional registration
of chrome: to IANA using the third party registration process. Graham
Klyne (the URI Expert Reviewer) is in the process of reviewing it and
several others unrelated URI schemes.
Google can assert ownership and update the registration template.