Re: Coordination issue: vCard, iCalendar vs JavaScript contact and calendaring APIs

Thanks, Mark.

I'd be particularly interested in hearing more about the relevant WGs' attitudes toward subsetting of the data formats defined.

I'll also note that the Device API WG's specifications will describe both APIs to manipulate calendaring and contact data, an a mapping of the vCard and iCalendar data models into JavaScript objects.  The latter might potentially turn into a canonical JSON mapping for these objects.

Regards,
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>