Re: DIX/SXIP delegation tag, HTML LINK rel, and profiles

On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 15:41 -0800, John Merrells wrote:
> On 17-Mar-06, at 1:29 PM, Dan Connolly wrote:
>
> > I note the draft doesn't include a normative reference to any HTML
> > specifications. Please
> > add one.
>
> Yes, my error. I will add to the next draft.
>
> > Also, the proposed charter ( http://dixs.org/index.php/
> > DIX_Charter ) does not make
> > any connection to HTML. Please add something to note that use of
> > HTML syntax,
> > especially extensibility mechanisms like rel and profile, is in
> > scope, in order to attract
> > review from relevant experts.
>
> That might be presumptive... the charter only mentions HTML in the
> context of a
> HTTP transport binding and then only as an example way of encoding a
> message.

OK, but if the charter does _not_ mention work on HTML, then HTML
experts will not get signalled to take a look. I'm OK with that
*only* if the DIX WG is bound to *not use* any HTML syntax
in order to interoperate.

My understanding is that DIX is currently deployed, to some extent,
and that to interoperate with the deployed services, you have to
do some HTML stuff.

The charter should err on the side of noting all communities
of experties that might be relevant.

> The current interest in improving/extending/fixing HTTP-AUTH comes to
> mind as
> a possible alternative/substitute mechanism.
>
> John
D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E