Re: suggestion re: media type registration

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:56:45 -0700
"Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@apache.org> wrote:

> As for the +xml types, a more effective mechanism would have been to
> define a major type of xml under the namespace control of W3C, or
> barring that an xml tree (application/xml.soap) which could either
> be assigned to the W3C or at least incorporate the W3C process.
> That would, of course, require an RFC to set up.  The +xml suffix
> seems to beg for the most delays.

Non-W3C organizations (e.g., OASIS and ISO/IEC) create XML-based languages
and they may want to register specialized media types.  Thus, I think the
registration process should not be controlled by W3C.  The convention
application/vnd.w3c.*+xml makes much more sense to me.

Cheers,

--
MURATA Makoto <murata@hokkaido.email.ne.jp>