Re: NULL strings... necessary?

XML Schema allows instances to distinguish between null values and
empty values. XQuery and XSLT are most probably using this.
Their WGs were in meetings the past week; I hope we'll hear
from some experts in the comming week.

Regards,    Martin.

At 21:38 05/05/25, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:

 >Hi,
 >
 >does any of you have a real example where NULL/NIL strings occur and need
to be sorted differently than empty strings?

 >I know one (IMAP SORT HEADER BLAH), but it's a little contrived. Also I
suspect that if an IMAP client issues SORT SUBJECT, the need to
differentiate between empty-string subject and no subject is less than
overwhelming.