Re: W3C Web Identity Standardization Woes

On Feb 8, 2012, at 11:50 AM, Anders Rundgren wrote:

> Anyway, I let you continue with whatever you do in peace; I stick to
> the Open Source/Hardware route and skip standardization.

I'm honestly not trying to be hostile, but if this is how you feel why are you here?

> There are
> no surefire successes in this space and I wish you luck.
>
> Anders

I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say here.  1) I'd hardly call TLS a "trusted application";  2) A PIV card is a well-defined client credential, with good security properties.  Obviously, if someone can *otherwise* break in to the machine it's plugged into, it can be at least temporarily hijacked.  Is that what you mean by "exposed on the web"?

Is the phrase "non-domain-restricted credentials" as Microsoft-centric as it sounds, or are you referring to DNS?