Re: white paper of proposed architecture for NSTIC

On 20 Jul 2011, at 12:34, Mo McRoberts wrote:

>>> Please don't underestimate how vast a piece of work that really is — I know it's not your focus, but to characterise it as “all they need to do is…” falls well short of conveying how serious a problem it is.
>>
>> I completely agree that that is a lot more complex that it sounds :-) The problem is that if the issue is UI and the developers keep working at protocols, then they are working in the wrong area. A bit like if there were an electric problem relating to a leak in the roof, and the electricians were constantly being called to rewire the house.
>
> Yes, exactly the point I'm driving at :)

Though again this is not a criticism of what is going on at NSTIC - can't be since I still have to read the paper. In any case it should be completely compatible with what they are doing: I don't think NSTIC has it on their plans to remove the Subject Alternative Name from X509 certificates.

Ok. I'll read the paper next.

Henry

> M.
>
> --
> Mo McRoberts - Data Analyst - Digital Public Space,
> Zone 1.08, BBC Scotland, 40 Pacific Drive, Glasgow G51 1DA,
> Room 7066, BBC Television Centre, London W12 7RJ,
> 0141 422 6036 (Internal: 01-26036) - PGP key 0x663E2B4A
>

> http://www.bbc.co.uk/
> This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
> Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/