Re: New "Goals" (use-cases) - Is your use-case there, accurately described?

OK - I see it now, I was looking for a heading and really need additional caffeine:) Sorry about that.

David

----- Original Message -----
From: "Harry Halpin" <hhalpin@w3.org>
To: public-identity@w3.org
Sent: Friday, December 9, 2011 7:56:11 AM
Subject: Re: New "Goals" (use-cases) - Is your use-case there, accurately   described?

On 12/09/2011 02:52 PM, David Dahl wrote:
> Perhaps I need more coffee - but, I don't see any use cases listed at  http://www.w3.org/2011/11/webcryptography-charter.html#goals or http://www.w3.org/2011/11/webcryptography-charter.html#id-other-deliverables
Hmmm - W3C CVS is a bit slow sometimes, but see this text in charter:

     The ability to select credentials and sign statements can be
necessary to perform high-value finanicial transactions as well as
secure identity-related claims personal data.

     The provisioning and use of keys within Web applications can be
used for scenarios like increasing the security of user authentication
and to determine whether a particular device is authenticated for
particular services.

     The signing and verifying Javascript code libraries can be used to
determine their trustworthiness.

     Encrypting local storage (via sharing the key identifier with the
server to decrypt when needed) can make valuable information therein
more secure.

     The encryption of user communication such as near real-time
messaging via Web applications.