Re: Request for consensus to add text in the BLM statement

-1

I am afraid of our statement having a subtext that equates endorsing BLM with endorsing violence. Because otherwise why would we feel the need to add that line? This was never supposed to be a statement about all the things we support and don’t support. It’s specifically a statement of support for BLM.

I would however be happy with adding this:
"We unequivocally stand against racism, injustice, and violence against marginalized communities.”

Marisa