RE: Action needed: Proposal to adopt selection criteria for the Diversity Scholarship

From: Emmanuelle Gutiérrez y Restrepo <emmanuelle@sidar.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2019 18:52:00 +0100
To: <lw@tetralogical.com>, <public-idcg@w3.org>
+1

Emmanuelle

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Léonie Watson [mailto:lw@tetralogical.com]
Enviado el: lunes, 4 de febrero de 2019 18:26
Para: public-idcg@w3.org
Asunto: Action needed: Proposal to adopt selection criteria for the Diversity Scholarship

Everyone,

This is the third of the three proposals we need to make a decision about.

Proposal 3:
Adopt the following selection criteria for the Diversity Scholarship.

* We will prioritise new W3C participants and established participants who have not previously attended TPAC.

* Where we know which under-represented groups applicants are from, we will prioritise diversity amongst the people to receive assistance.

* We will not use the written quality of applications as a metric, recognising that people find writing difficult for many reasons including it being a foreign language, cognitive disabilities, and reading/literacy difficulties.

* If you support this proposal, please reply to this email with a +1 at the top.
* If you do not support this proposal, please reply to this email with a
-1 at the top.
* If you do not feel strongly about this proposal, or do not want to participate, please reply to this email with a 0 at the top.

You do not have to respond at all, but it really helps if you do. If you would prefer to respond privately, you can send your response to me directly (to lw@tetralogical.com).

Please respond before the end of the day on Friday 8th February 2019.

Thank you.

Léonie.

--
Director TetraLogical