RE: sec 4.11

This whole conversation is fascinating, piquant, rich, vibrant.... and way off topic from the material that should be going into our note about Web services. It would make a wonderful FAQ or series thereof for GEO. And it does point out some areas that maybe the I18N WG should consider for our new charter, chiefly: collation identifiers, now that the Newman draft seems to be stuck. We have previously agreed that USWD is not an internationalization primer. Let's demonstrate that collation problems exist for Web services and avoid unnecessary detail (Tex will note that I removed about half of his example material, not because I didn't agree with it, but rather because it went on too long).

We can reference LDML and CLDR where appropriate. But for now I'd prefer to see LESS detail.

My two cents.

Addison

Addison P. Phillips
Director, Globalization Architecture
http://www.webMethods.com
Chair, W3C Internationalization (I18N) Working Group
http://www.w3.org/International

It is not a feature.