Re: Proposal for comments on SVG Tiny 1.2

Hi Yves,

Yves Savourel wrote:
> Hi Felix,
>

>> 2) We would like you to provide the following ITS
>> global rules file for SVG Tiny 1.2:
>>
>> <its:rules xmlns:its="http://www.w3.org/2005/11/its"
>>  version="1.0" xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
>>  <its:translateRule selector="//svg:*" translate="no"/>
>>  <its:translateRule selector="//svg:metadata | //svg:text | //svg:desc |
>> //svg:title | //svg:tspan" translate="yes"/>
>> </its:rules>
>>

> Would it be easier to use the root <svg> to set the default to 'do-not-translate', rather than svg:* ?
>
> This would make the processing lighter since much less nodes would have to be set. Or am I missing something?

 From my understanding SVG can be mixed with other vocabularies, and
does not necessarily appear on the root of the document. That would make
the explicit XPath expression //svg::* necessary, in contrast to
/svg:svg . But if we agree on the rest of the comment, we can ask the
question about the appropriate XPath expression also in our mail to the
SVG folks.

Felix