From: public-i18n-its-request@w3.org [mailto:public-i18n-its-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Jirka Kosek
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 2:28 PM
To: public-i18n-its@w3.org
Subject: First preview of PDF rendering of BP

Hi folks,

you can look at the first preview of PDF version of BP document:

http://www.w3.org/International/its/techniques/its-techniques.pdf

Please not that there are things that have to be fixed, including:
- XEP bookmarks
- make page citatations links
- fix footnotes numbering
- fix stacking of lines with footnote marks
- fix presentation of some relative links in footnote

But I would like to know if you like idea of having printer friendly rendering before I spent more time on preparing it.

Please note that my goal was to produce document that will be usable after printing:
- page numbers and references to them were added in ToC and to some links
- some links were removed (links to examples source code)
- More resources were removed because they are repeating after each BP and they are just consuming dead trees after printing

Document is produced using XSL-FO. XSL-FO is generated from HTML rendering of BP document, not directly from XMLSpec sources. I
commited stylesheets into CVS so if you are curious you can look inside them.

Comments welcomed.

			Jirka