Re: Comments on BP Specify the language of the content

At 02:51 07/03/16, Richard Ishida wrote:

>Your DTD or schema should provide the xml:lang attribute for this purpose.
>See: Best Practice 1: Provide xml:lang to specify natural language content
>for more information.
>
>       Well it could also provide it's own attribute if it's a legacy
>       format.  We should acknowledge that.

I'm not sure how much "any legacy attribute name is okay" makes sense
as a best practice. Practice yes, but *best* practice? In case we
decide to mention this, we should be extremely careful to make
sure that this is not misunderstood.

>Background information
>
>    * Internationalization FAQ: xml:lang in XML document schemas.
>      http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-when-xmllang
>

>       I don't think this is interest to content authors.

But the best practices are mostly for schema designers, not authors, yes?

>Reference links
>
>    * The values to use with xml:lang to specify a language.
>      http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4646.txt

This should very clearly mention BCP 47. In some months, we
expect to have a new RFC with a new number.

Regards,   Martin.