Re: FW: Re: Alternative approach to ITS validation

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> Felix Sasaki wrote:
>> Thank you for the input, Jirka. Would it be possible to add namespace
>> dispatching using an XML Schema document for ITS? The current version of
>> your NVDL document uses only RELAX NG.
>>

> I expect Jirka prefers international standards :-}

Or more generally, I prefer technology which is best suited for solving
particular problem ;-)

> But seriously, it would be nice to see if it
> _is_ easy to duplicate those schema-ettes
> in XSD. I am very interested in how to do it.

I think that it is not possible to create NVDL + XSD schema for ITS. The
problem is that you must create XSD schema for validation of ITS local
attributes on any element. But AFAIK you can't have xs:any as a top
level component of schema. The following is invalid:

<xs:schema ...>
  <xs:any ...>
  </xs:any>
</xs:schema>

But I don't think that having NVDL schema depending on RELAX NG schemas
is a problem -- all NVDL validation engines which are available at now
have support for RELAX NG.

			Jirka

                   Nejbližší termíny školení:
** XML pro vývojáře 19.-22.3.2007 ** XML schémata 16.-18.4.2007 **
        ** XSL-FO 15.-16.5.2007 ** DocBook 26.-28.6.2007 **
  http://xmlguru.cz    Blog mostly about XML for English readers