Re: Namespace compare issue (Was: Re: Teleconference Minutes 2007-01-17)

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> Felix Sasaki wrote:
>>
>> I see the problem, but I'm not sure if we need to resolve it for the
>> comparison tool. The path attribute is used within the tool to make sure
>> that the same nodes are compared. We could use s.t. like this instead:
>>
>> <o:node path="/myMetaDoc/body[1]/insert[1]/z:书籍[1]/z:躯[1]/i:rules[1]"
>> node-id="n-number" outputType="default-value">
>> <o:output o:translate="yes" />
>> </o:node>
>>
>> "number" in n-number counts the number of the node taking attributes and
>> elements into account. I would still keep the path attribute because it
>> makes it easier for humans to find the errors.
>>

> if you made it an element and attribute count, it would be
> easier to implement for me.
>
> so
>
> <o:node path="..." e="2" a="1">
>
> would that do?

That's fine as well. See e.g. again
http://www.w3.org/International/its/tests/test3/Translate1-result.xml .
Is it o.k. with you, Yves? Note that we have to be careful about
counting attributes, since they are not an ordered set. Let's hope our
implementations do the same ...

Felix