Re: Suggestion for a simple solution of rendering problems of Devanari i matra

Sir,

I understood and agree with your practical view:--

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 11:44 PM, John Hudson <tiro@tiro.com> wrote:

> ...., while your method might appear to work in some situations for the
> particular case of the Devanagari ikar, other Indian writing systems
> involve left ordering and split vowel signs that cannot be handled with
> this kind of hack...

It may not be viable for all the situations of Devanagari ikar.

I thank you for giving a practical look on my suggestion.
Being a world-leader in Font-makers, May I draw your kind attention on the
point --
"if instead of using U+094E for left-side kana part of ikar,
using a private glyph (not encoded) for it and using top-cap of ikar after
the base consonants,
can reduce some of the repeating events of re-ordering for Devangari Script
ikar?"
I think, this can be done only at OT font-designing level, without
affecting the Indic Layout rules.

I have more hope for the 'reph' problem, that can be solved only at OT
font-designing level, without affecting the Indic Layout rules.
So this issue perhaps does not relate to this group, I will submit the idea
offline (by private Email).

Regards.

हरिराम
प्रगत भारत <http://hariraama.blogspot.com>